I hope you’ve had a wonderful month or making and creating.
This month we are holding a giveaway.
Up for grabs is a fab selection of crafting materials including: * Mini alphabet stamp set * Crayola Twistables coloured pencils * Mini cross stitch kit * Blu Tack White Glu * Blu Tack Glu Pen * Blu Tack Micro Dots * Blu Tack Glu Dots * 2 rolls of patterned Sellotape * 3m yellow spotted ribbon * Sellotape tape dispenser and tape
For a chance to win, simply link-up below with your crafty blog posts.
Full entry rules can be found further down in this post.
This month I have been:
- Finding it hard to make time to complete a full piece of embroidery. This month I just haven’t had time to put together a finished piece. Having said that, I have attempted to learn some new stitches. I’m really pleased with the results and enjoyed taking some time out to sew. You can see my embroidery stitches blog post here.
- Over the past few weeks I’ve spent lots of time looking at various embroidery stitches and tutorials over on Pinterest. I made a start on attempting to learn some new stitches over the Easter weekend.
My favourite links from last month’s Crafting Is My Therapy:
– I was really happy to see “Tilly’s Vintage Workshop” linking up with us last month. Tilly Rose wrote this uplifting post about collaboration, the crafting community and the work she has created recently. I’m hoping to see more posts from her over the coming months…
Here are some other crafty corners of the web you may like to check out:
– I saw the Five jawdropping crafts from around the UK article over on Facebook a few days ago. Put together by BBC Arts it shows some eye catching pieces of craft. I particularly like the ‘counter-knit” £10 note…very clever.
– I love the idea of crafting bringing people together. I saw this “Hashtag roundup: Making for others” post on the Mollie Makes website and thought I would share it with you. It details various charity projects and the hashtags associated with them. For example #make2share involves giving an unexpected handmade gift to someone who could do with a boost. There are lots more initivates listed, so I would recommend taking a look at the article.
Have you created anything crafty this month? If you sew, knit, crochet, paint, work with ceramics…please join in and share your work.
The focus of this linky is crafting for pleasure, basically taking some ‘me-time’ to unwind in our busy lives. It doesn’t have to be a finished project, I love seeing work in progress or planning posts too.
Grab the Crafting is my Therapy badge:
I co-host Crafting is my Therapy with Jennifer Jain. She writes the popular craft blog Jennifers Little World http://www.jenniferslittleworld.com
The “Crafting is my Therapy” linky will open on the first Friday of each month and stay open for the whole month – giving you plenty of time to get involved.
– You can link up with maximum of three posts per month, old or new.
– Grab the linky badge or link back to our blogs on your post.
– Please share the love and comment on other people’s posts.
– If you could share your post and the linky (using the hashtag #craftingismytherapy) on any social media channels that would be great. This will help us to grow the community. We will retweet all your posts via Twitter if you mention us (@pouchvintage/@JenniferJain )
Giveaway Entry Rules:
- The prize is a box of crafty goodies as pictured above. This giveaway is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
- The winner will be chosen at random from eligible entries to the linky this month. In order for an entry to be eligible it must be a relevant craft related post, it must mention the Crafting is my Therapy linky, and it must link back to one of the linky hosts, either Me, You and Magoo or Jennifer's Little World. The linky will remain open until midnight on May 3rd 2016.
- You can link up a maximum of three eligible posts.
- If the winner does not respond within 28 days we will redraw and reallocate the prize. There is no cash alternative. Invalid entries will be discounted.